Sakura Bloom Ring Sling
There are numerous baby carriers on the market, and it can be difficult to determine which is going to be right for your baby, while also being supportive, lightweight, and comfortable for you.
One of the most wonderful ways of “baby wearing” is to use a ring sling. They can be a wonderful choice for keeping your newborn baby and even your toddler close to you, if you find one that is comfortable and quick to use.Slings can be especially useful if you are breastfeeding your baby, as they provide coverage and support you both during feeding.
Ring slings are flexible and light, so they can be much easier to maneuver than other baby carriers. Some baby wraps cause the wearer difficulty and discomfort as they require a lot of time to be spent tying and untying them. It is really lovely to carry your baby close to you, yet using a baby carrier is also convenient for feeding and if your baby is fussy about needing to be close to you when napping.
Using a ring sling is a great way to carry your baby flexibly, as they are easily removable and don’t have a lot of buckles, catches or ties. The ring sling I am going to review today is the Sakura Bloom Ring Sling.
Although they can start off at a more expensive price than other baby carriers, they have a great reputation and they offer a range of comfortable materials at different price points. This review is for the Classic Linen option in Peacock.
The Sakura Bloom Ring Sling that I tried is made of a single sheet of Belgian linen. It is a long single piece of fabric, with two ring attachments. With most baby carriers, there is an adjustment period where it can take a bit of practice and time to get used to how to put it on.
However, the Sakura Bloom Ring Sling is simple to use. You bring the fabric down over your head, wrap it around your body for comfort, and then use the rings to hold it in place by looping the fabric through them. The design of the ring sling works so that you can adjust the tightness by loosening the fabric, which has doubled through the rings.
The linen used in the Sakura Bloom Ring Sling is naturally antibacterial, which is great for baby’s safety. It comes in one size which has been designed to offer a secure fit for all body shapes. Linen is also a cool and lightweight fabric to wear, so the sling can be comfortably worn in both hotter and cooler climates. It’s such an adjustable and strong fabric that it’s suitable for tiny newborn babies, as well as toddlers weighing up to 35 lbs
- The fabric has a beautiful color and feel, and it is a great shade which is neutral and stylish enough to be worn by both mothers and fathers.
- It is soft and breathable, and remains supple and strong, even after washing.
- The ring sling is machine washable, on a cool gentle cycle. This is an incredibly useful feature for those inevitable days when baby makes a mess!
- The large amount of fabric that makes up the ring sling means that you are comfortably covered when nursing.
- Thanks to the size of the sling and the adjustability, you can share it with family members and it will fit them as snugly as it fits you.
- The relatively high entry price can put some people off, and it means that the Sakura Bloom Ring Sling is often thought of as an investment piece. However, there is a resale market for these ring slings so you may be able to recoup some of the cost when you no longer need it.
- Linen is breathable but as the Sakura Bloom Ring Slings use high quality fabric, they’re a bit thicker than most linen items.
- The feeling of both a sling and a baby against you can feel uncomfortably warm against your body if you’re in a hot climate.
- As with any baby carrier, your baby might not enjoy being in the sling. It’s a lot of money to invest in a product that might not work for your baby, so carefully check your returns policy.
- It can take some time to get used to the extra weight and pressure that you get from carrying a baby in a ring sling. It’s normal and to be expected that carrying that extra weight will put some strain on your body. This pressure is likely to increase as baby’s weight increases too
Verdict - Sakura Bloom Ring Sling
Overall, the Sakura Bloom Ring Sling offers a lot of benefits to parents looking for a comfortable, stylish and versatile baby carrier. It is easy to use and adjust, and can be packed up and taken with you whenever you need it. The quality of the product is also very high; the fabric feels very luxurious and the range of colors is really beautiful. The rings are expertly sewn in, and when compared to other brands the Sakura Bloom Ring Slings have a lovely seamless quality. Although they are more expensive than other baby slings, they are durable and long lasting. I would certainly recommend buying one if you are having your first baby, as it will last you well into their toddlerhood, and perhaps even be there to use for a future sibling.
Share your opinion or experience with the Sakura Bloom Slings in the commentary box below?