There are many ways of carrying your baby, and many products designed to make it easier for you. Baby wearing is a wonderful, convenient, and practical way of keeping baby close, while also being able to take care of their needs.
Using a secure and safe baby wrap gives you the intimate contact that babies crave while also giving you the freedom to carry on with things you need to do. With a high-quality baby wrap, your hands and arms are free to carry out tasks, yet your baby is comfortably close to you and can cuddle up or snooze.
Baby wraps are portable, and as you can take them anywhere, you can travel with your baby without having to bring a buggy or stroller with you. Once your baby and you are used to being wrapped up together, you’ll notice the benefits of baby wearing.
The baby wrap I am going to review today is the Happy Wrap. The range is available in a variety of colors and patterns, including stylish stripes and dots. I chose the black carrier, to be neutral enough for sharing. I’ll run through the features of the wrap before giving my verdict.
Happy Baby Wrap Review - Features.
The Happy Wrap is made in the USA and it is made from a bamboo-viscose blend, which is a lightweight and breathable material. The fabric is great for the summer and warmer climates, but is also insulating for times when it is a bit colder.
There are a few baby wraps on the market, such as the Moby wrap, which are made from a thicker material that can become too warm for you and baby. When you look at Happy baby wrap vs Moby wrap, the latter is a good alternative option if you need a material that is going to keep you cool in summer but also warm in winter.
I also liked that the fabric is organic, and the other benefits include that it is naturally antibacterial and has UV protection. As well as all these features, the fabric is also very soft; it feels luxurious and strong, which is just what you need for a baby carrier.
The Happy Wrap is adjustable and fits a range of body sizes, so it can be shared with others who help out with carrying your baby. The ease of adjustment means you can make it fit you as tightly as you want, which feels reassuring if you’re new to baby wearing.
It’s recommended for use with newborn and young babies as the material will hold a weight of up to about 25 lbs. Thanks to the shape and size of the wrap, it’s also possible to discreetly nurse your baby while wearing it.
As with any product, there are advantages and disadvantages – and your own experience might be very different. However, here are the pros and cons that I found with the Happy Wrap.
- The fabric feels wonderful! The bamboo viscose blend is very silky and luxurious.
- It’s also so reassuring to know that it is hypoallergenic and antibacterial, which makes it safer for my baby and me.
- The fabric is also very absorbent, much more so than cotton. This is such a benefit if you’re planning on nursing while wearing the wrap, or for when your baby might make a bit of a mess
- You can wash the wrap in a washing machine, and the fabric holds the shape and color well after washing.
- The Happy Wrap is very lightweight so it didn’t feel uncomfortable or hot, which meant I could carry my baby for a longer period of time than with other wraps. Thankfully, it also kept my baby cool too.
- It’s easy to fold the wrap and take it with you when you go out. The convenience and relief of having a wrap in your bag for feeding or carrying is a great way to brighten up any day trip.
- The price is not cheap; however, it is reasonable for a baby carrier that uses high-quality material and looks as pretty and stylish as the Happy Wrap
- Although the fabric is beautiful, it is very stretchy; this took me a while to get used to and I was concerned that it wasn’t supportive enough for baby wearing. I needed to wrap it quite tightly, and when I got used to making it snug, it did hold well.
- There was a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to use the Happy Wrap. The wrap comes with an instruction booklet and the instructions are also online. Once I got used to putting it on, I could do it quite quickly.
- It’s not as versatile as some other baby wraps or slings, which allow you to wear a number of different carrying positions.
- It is adjustable for different body types, but when I gave it to a friend to try she found the fabric too long and needed to use her initiative to add in extra loops and knots.
Baby wearing is a positive activity for both parent and baby. It helps me be more productive, and helps settle my baby. I’ve been looking for a quality baby wrap for a while and I’m pleased with the Happy Wrap. It is a silky soft, breathable, and lightweight way to keep my baby close. There was an adjustment period to wearing the wrap, as I needed to get used to tying it and my baby needed to adapt to being held that way. However, once we both found our routine, it was a very positive addition. However, I wouldn’t recommend the Happy Wrap for larger babies as it loosens with wear and could require a lot of tightening. With older babies, as their curiosity grows, it’s likely that they’d wriggle too much for the Happy Wrap to be comfortable. Nevertheless, if you have a newborn baby, and are looking for a comfortable, breathable and safe way to wear your baby, the Happy Wrap is an affordable, practical and cozy option.
Share your opinion or experience with Happy Baby Wrap in the commentary box below.